Self-defence is not a 1 to 1 replacement for the benefits of learning a martial art. It does suit those who do not have the time to commit to regular martial arts practice.
We will contact interested people before the start of the next course for enrollment.
Course Focus: The course is designed to teach the participant how they could respond in particular scenarios. It is designed to give some practical skills to those not interested in learning martial arts or to bridge the gap between learning martial arts and having the skill level to apply them.
Course Content: The course aims to cover responses to the most common attacks – male of female and male on male / female on female as appropriate.
The difference between martial arts and self-defence
– focuses on learning skills, techniques and abilities that can be applied in a range of situations.
– practicing martial art can lead to improvement in many areas of ones life. For example: self discipline, mindset, relaxation, calmness, fitness and flexibility
– is a way of life, something that you would strive to incorporate as a lifelong practice, due to the many benefits
– requires commitment and dedication
– focuses on learning set responses to set attacks
– moves are selected based on their likelihood and ease in which they can be learned
– is designed for people who cannot training martial arts regularly
If you are interested in learning self-defence please fill out the contact form below and we will get back to you with more information.